Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I miss my carbs

Today, I am sad to admit, there were tears.  I made dinner last night and it turned out not to be great.  I mean, it's a good side dish, but not a main course.  I just couldn't handle it.  My stomach has hurt for almost 24 hours now since I made dinner last night.  Not sure why, all I know is I wish that I could have a piece of bread.  One piece of delicious whole wheat bread to calm my tummy.  But NO.... I must be strong.  This is day 3 of my 9 day punishment.  In the end I will be happy.  In the end...

I found two new recipes that might prove to be better than the two I have made so far.  Option 1 is a Moroccan Sweet Potato Casserole.  It might make a nice lunch.  Option 2 is a pizza-like dish.  There are recipes in the book... but to be honest they don't sound great.  However, Ian K. Smith, MD includes things like "olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and Dijon mustard" in his recipes... so maybe we should try them out rather than killing ourselves.  I might make that pizza tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it doesn't suck.

Last night we ran 4.3 miles.  It was a new path that we jogged and 2.2 miles of it was boring as hell.  Nothing to look at except dirt.  BOOOORRRRIINNNGG.  However, I didn't complain and made it the entire way (although I felt dead afterwards).  Tonight is boot camp and leftovers.  So not looking forward to either.

6 more days..... 6 more days.... 6 more days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment