Monday, November 1, 2010

I didn't make it as far as I wanted today

This morning was rough.  I was planning on running since I was a slacker and didn't accomplish it over the weekend (however, my house is spotless and I made my husband's favorite dinner so it was at least a productive weekend).  I decided to get myself motivated this morning and got up at 6:30am.  I stretched for a few minutes (but maybe not enough) and then started my run. It was pretty cold this morning (wore long pants and a long sleeved shirt) but I was feeling good.  However, it was harder to breathe than normal.  At around the 1 mile mark my right calf muscle started cramping.  I only completed 1.2 miles when I figured it was safer to stop then to hurt myself.  So I walked home and stopped my watch from counting the time.  Husband said that it's normal for some days to be harder than others.  I'm not sure if it was hard because I hadn't done it in a few days, or because it was cold outside, or because I didn't stretch enough.  In any case, I didn't get anywhere near the 2.8 miles I needed to complete today.  Maybe I'll try again tonight after my date with the chiropractor.

Follow my short run - http://go.nike.com/07qh8uvt

No comments:

Post a Comment